Seeking Technical Engineer
Houston and surrounding area: IT Firm Seeking Technical Engineer
Expanding Houston IT firm seeking an energetic, personable technical professional with solid work ethic, to become a member of our technical team. We offer competitive compensation and bonus structure to our employees.
We provide full-service technology solutions for businesses throughout the Houston, TX area. We are a trusted business partner and adviser to our customers, leveraging our technical skills, industry expertise, and extensive experience to create one-of-a-kind technology solutions to our client’s toughest challenges. We offer our clients a simple and economical way to manage and budget their technology expenses. We offer managed servers, cloud services, and backup solutions just to name a few.
Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM, business hours may vary slightly according to the client’s work schedule. Available to come in early or stay late as required. Able to travel locally in greater Houston area with reliable, insured transportation.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear & professional communication
- Ability to communicate technical information to non – technical personnel
- Strong documentation skills for ticketing system (ConnectWise).
SERVICE ATTITUDE IS A MUST!
Demonstrate ability to contribute thoughtful planning, careful execution, and effective teamwork.
Ability to collaborate with our IT professionals and, as needed, various external consultants/vendors. This role will include a variety of tasks; conceiving and implementing new system deployment; administering networks, remote administration, training and support end-users. Well organized – ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously. To confirm you have read this ad in full, please include this code in the subject line of your e-mail, 7726. All others will be discarded. Capable of working both independently or on a team. Must be self-driven and able to work with little supervision. Flexibility to adapt to varying environments.
- Prior managed services environment (2 -3 years or more)
- Network/Server administration experience (3 – 5 years or more) in the following environment
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server
- Active Directory
- Server Virtualization (Hyper-V preferred)
- Windows XP/Vista/Win 7/Win 8 workstations
- Internet e-mail systems and protocols
- Microsoft Exchange (locally hosted & remotely hosted)
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Remote administration concepts and tools
- Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services
- Cloud technologies
- Print Servers
Administrative knowledge in these areas
- Hardware (including cable, hubs, routers, switches, etc.)
- Network protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RAS, WINS
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN routing and connectivity issues
- Anti-virus software configuration, installation, deployment
- Backup hardware and procedures as well as disaster recovery
- Spam filtering software
- Internet firewalls and security
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Computer configuration/installation
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus structure
- Health benefits
- Outstanding work environment & company culture
Please respond by email to Resumes@elevated-technology.com with resume and 2-3 references.